Tacos with beans, chicken and corn
Time to make: 30 mins
- oil spray
- 500g chicken mince
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 3 tablespoons Mexican spice
- 400g can red kidney beans in spring water
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 8 corn taco shells
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta, to serve
- 4 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, to serve
- lime wedges, to serve
- Kilojoules 1970kJ
- Calories 470cal
- Protein 40g
- Total fat 17g
- Saturated fat 6g
- Carbohydrates 35g
- Sugars 4g
- Dietary fibre 11g
- Sodium 780mg
- Calcium 180mg
- Iron 3.5mg
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Spray a saucepan with oil and set over a medium heat. Add chicken mince and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes until nicely browned.
- Add corn and spice and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add kidney beans and frozen veges and cook, stirring, for 5-8 minutes.
- While beans and vegetables cook, in the oven heat taco shells according to packet instructions.
- To serve, spoon the chicken mix into the tacos, top with feta, coriander and squeeze over lime juice.
Variations Make it gluten free: Check Mexican spice is gluten free.
Thank you to Healthy Food Guide for the recipe.